The factory was built in 1885 by its owner, José Ros Furió, to house the facilities of his company, The Ceramo, specialized in the production of traditional Valencian ceramics and, particularly, in the recovery of old craft techniques, including that of the Potteries Muslims of metallic reflection.

Stylistically, it is an artisanal construction, eclectic, ascribed to the historicist current of the time, decorated in the oriental way and including ornamental pieces made in the factory itself.

Its facilities follow the model of the factory-house of the first Valencian industrialization, where two areas are distinguished: residential or domestic, where the owners' homes were located, and the production area.

In the case of Ceramo, this last area includes the following areas: the courtyard, under which the cistern is located; ponds for decanting and cleaning mud; the workshop-warehouse-laboratory warehouse; the warehouse for moving pieces for firing and subsequent selection; the kilns, three for normal firing and one for metallic reflections, built in masonry and solid tile; and the
, located at the back, with direct access to the street and, by means of a spiral staircase, to the roof of the ovens, which allowed manual regulation of the draft of the chimneys during the cooking process. From these kilns came ceramic pieces that today decorate buildings such as the Estación del Norte, the Mercado de Colón and the Mercado Central. The doorway, in a semicircular arch, is decorated with mocarabics, Nasrid
, colonettes with neo-Egyptian motifs and two Gothic-style
. In its composition a plaque is integrated with the names of the factory, the activity and its owner. Above this, simplified, the coat of arms of the city and another plaque with inscription, apparently, in Arabic.

Dades bàsiques


Av. de Burjassot, 142,
46025 Valencia