The construction of the House of the Rocks dates from the fifteenth century, being located in a period between June 8, 1435 and April 8, 1447. The first known agreement corresponds to July 8, 1435, the date on which the city deliberated and approved the construction of a house, next to the Portal dels Serrans, between wall and wall, that is, between the oldest and the modern one of 1356, ordered built by Peter the Ceremonious, to serve as a shelter for the carts and other tools that accompanied the procession of Corpus Christi.

Possibly the planned house began to be built immediately, but surely it neither satisfied the Jurats nor, as far as has been seen, was everything as required of width to keep in it what has been planned, for this reason on May 5, 1441 it was agreed to enlarge it. Five years later, on March 22, 1446, the City agreed to purchase a tannery located in the district of Roteros. A month later, the Síndic announced its acquisition to the City Council and a year later, that is, on April 18, 1447, work began on the building. The completion of the works must be fixed in 1448.

There is no reliable evidence of the existence of a recognized author or authors, and it must be presumed that the intervention of the town worker or master builder who at that time – 1447 – was in charge of the projects, repairs and other tasks inherent to his trade, in the orders of the City Council.


Dades bàsiques


- Tuesday to Saturday: from 10 am to 2 pm and from 3 pm to 7 pm
- Sunday and public holidays: from 10 am to 2 pm (these are public holidays in Valencia on 13, 14, 17 and 24 April, 15 August, 9 and 12 October, 1 November and 6 and 8 December)
- Closed: 1st and 6th January, 1st May and 25th December
- During the group visits, a video related to the Valencia Corpus Christi Festival is shown, lasting 25 minutes


Check the price on the website


Calle de les Roques, 3
46003 Valencia
Telephone: 963 153 156


Bus: 1, 5, 5B, 6, 11, 16, 26, 28, 29, 36, 80, 95 and N10